Latest V2B Must News
Advertise Your Business HereAdvertise hereAdvertise here
- VA Announces Immediate Actions at Manchester VA Medical Center July 16, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs David J. Shulkin, M.D., announced actions the department is taking immediately to respond to whistleblower concerns at the Manchester, New Hampshire, VA Medical Center (VAMC) detailed in an article in today's Boston Globe.
- Hundreds of Veterans to Participate in National Veterans Wheelchair Games July 14, 2017WASHINGTON - Nearly 600 of the country's best wheelchair athletes are arriving in Cincinnati, Ohio, for the 37th National Veterans Wheelchair Games being held July 17–22.
- VA Honors Outstanding Achievements in Support of Homeless Veterans Programs July 12, 2017WASHINGTON - During several award ceremonies across the country in July, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will honor exemplary facilities, employees and civilian providers working to address Veteran homelessness.
- VA Expands Transparency, Accountability Efforts: Becomes First Agency to Post Information on Adverse Employee Actions, Requires Senior Official Sign-off on all Settlement Actions above $5,000 July 7, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs David J. Shulkin announced that the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is taking a further step on transparency and accountability as a follow-on to the VA Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act signed by the president less than two weeks ago.
- VA Secretary Shulkin unveils world's most advanced commercial prosthesis June 30, 2017NEW YORK -Today, Secretary of Veterans Affairs David J. Shulkin, M.D. unveiled the world's most advanced commercial prosthetic - the Life Under Kinetic Evolution (LUKE) arm - during a visit to the VA New York Harbor Health Care System's Manhattan campus.
- Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee Passage of Appeals Modernization Bill: Statement by VA Secretary David J. Shulkin, M.D. June 28, 2017WASHINGTON - 'I want to thank the Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee for its bold action on VA appeals modernization,' Secretary Shulkin said. 'I look forward to the full senate passing the bill quickly to help us move the antiquated appeals process into the modern era, and provide Veterans with much quicker resolution of their appeals […]
- VA Secretary and Canadian Minister of Veterans Affairs Forging Partnership to Address Issues Faced by Both Nation's Veterans June 28, 2017WASHINGTON - Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Dr. David J. Shulkin, and Canada's Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, the Honourable Kent Hehr, joined officials from both nations June 27-28 at VA headquarters to discuss how strategic partnerships can help improve benefits and services for Veterans and their […]
- VA Secretary Formalizes Expansion of Emergency Mental Health Care to Former Service Members With Other-Than-Honorable Discharges June 27, 2017WASHINGTON - Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) today released finalized plans that lay the framework for providing emergency mental health coverage to former service members with other-than-honorable (OTH) administrative discharges.
- Veterans Matter Program and VA Announce Milestone of Helping 1,500 Homeless Veterans Secure Stable Housing June 26, 2017WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department Veterans Affairs (VA) and Veterans Matter - a program that provides security deposits to homeless Veterans in 14 states and the District of Columbia - today announced that, through their joint efforts, they have helped 1,500 Veterans exit homelessness and move into permanent housing.
- New VA Law Dramatically Speeds Up Hiring of Medical Center and Network Director Positions June 26, 2017WASHINGTON - On June 23, President Donald J. Trump signed into law S. 1094, the 'Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017,' which makes a number of changes to Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) authorities related to personnel, accountability and whistleblower protections.