Latest V2B Must News
Advertise Your Business HereAdvertise hereAdvertise here
- VA and Air Force Announce Tele-Intensive Care Unit Sharing Agreement June 26, 2017WASHINGTON - The Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) Midwest Health Care Network and the Air Force Medical Operations Agency today announced a collaborative Tele-ICU agreement that will allow Air Force patients at five military treatment facilities to use VA's Tele-ICU capabilities through its centralized support center in Minneapolis.
- Veterans Matter Program and VA Announce Milestone of Helping 1,500 Homeless Veterans Secure Stable Housing June 26, 2017WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department Veterans Affairs (VA) and Veterans Matter - a program that provides security deposits to homeless Veterans in 14 states and the District of Columbia - today announced that, through their joint efforts, they have helped 1,500 Veterans exit homelessness and move into permanent housing.
- New VA Law Dramatically Speeds Up Hiring of Medical Center and Network Director Positions June 26, 2017WASHINGTON - On June 23, President Donald J. Trump signed into law S. 1094, the 'Department of Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act of 2017,' which makes a number of changes to Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) authorities related to personnel, accountability and whistleblower protections.
- VA Announces Plan to Dispose Of Or Reuse All Its Vacant Buildings in 24 Months: Move Projected to Save Taxpayers Millions Annually June 20, 2017WASHINGTON - Following through on a key promise from less than a month ago, Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Dr. David J. Shulkin today announced a plan to dispose of all vacant VA buildings in 24 months (either by demolishing or setting for reuse).
- Secretary of Veterans Affairs David J. Shulkin statement on passage of accountability bill June 13, 2017We need to hold our employees accountable for their actions if they violate the public trust, and at the same time protect whistleblowers from retaliation
- Health IT Publisher Recognizes 11 Innovative VA Programs June 6, 2017WASHINGTON - Federal Health IT, a print and digital publication, will recognize 11 innovative, health-information technology (IT) programs within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at a June 6 award ceremony in Washington, D.C.
- VA Launches Physician Ambassador Program: Department partners with volunteer medical professionals to improve care June 6, 2017WASHINGTON - The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced today that it has launched the Physician Ambassador Program, an effort to recruit volunteer medical providers, at the more than 1,700 VA health-care facilities across the nation.
- VA Secretary announces decision on next-generation Electronic Health Record June 5, 2017Today U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs Dr. David J. Shulkin announced his decision on the next-generation Electronic Health Record (EHR) system for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at a news briefing at VA headquarters in Washington.
- New VA Online Tool Helps Veterans Learn About and Compare Effective PTSD Treatments June 2, 2017WASHINGTON - The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) launched a new online tool this week that will help Veterans compare various treatment options for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- New VA Initiative Focuses on Combating Fraud, Waste and Abuse June 2, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, the Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) announced it will launch the 'Seek to Prevent Fraud, Waste and Abuse (STOP FWA)' initiative that will capitalize on existing departmental activities that prevent or identify FWA, as well as ensure a consistent approach to FWA risk management as a way to centralize organizational resources.