Latest V2B Must News
Advertise Your Business HereAdvertise hereAdvertise here
- VA Leader Receives Blue Star Families Caregiving Award for VA Support March 15, 2018WASHINGTON - Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced that Dr. Lynda Davis, chief veterans experience officer, accepted the 2018 Blue Star Families - United Health Foundation Blue Star Award during the annual Blue Star Neighbors Celebration on March 13 at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, D.C.
- VA Awards More Than $496,000 to Improve IT Infrastructure as Part of ‘Buy vs. Build' Initiative March 14, 2018WASHINGTON - Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced the award of a $496,405.35 task order to Favor TechConsulting (FTC) LLC to provide Identity and Access Management (IAM) services to improve and maximize cost savings to VA's current information technology (IT) infrastructure.
- VA to Conduct In-depth Internal Review of Existing Canine Research Projects March 13, 2018WASHINGTON - Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced the Office of Research and Development (ORD) of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) extended its commitment to reduce future research on canines by initiating a rapid, in-depth internal review of existing canine research projects.
- VA Expands Transparency Efforts of Institutions Receiving GI Bill Payments March 12, 2018As part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) ongoing commitment to expand public transparency and accountability of agency expenditures, VA today released data showing GI Bill tuition and fee payments to VA-approved colleges, universities, and other education and training institutions across the country.
- Veterans Affairs Provides Assistance in Wake of Yountville Tragedy March 10, 2018Our sympathies are with the families, friends and colleagues of Jennifer Gonzales, a psychologist with the San Francisco Department of Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Pathway Home's executive director, Christine Loeber and staff therapist Jen Golick killed at The Pathway Home
- VA Secretary Announces VA Open Application Programming Interface Pledge March 9, 2018WASHINGTON - In a keynote speech March 9 at a Las Vegas conference that attracted more than 45,000 professionals from the health-information and technology communities, Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) David Shulkin encouraged health-care providers to sign a pledge to work with VA to accelerate the mapping of health data to industry […]
- VA Announces Launch of ‘Lighthouse Lab' at Health Information & Technology Conference March 7, 2018WASHINGTON - Shared at a key health-information and technology conference in Las Vegas on March 5, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced the launch of a 'beta' version of its Lighthouse Lab, a computer platform offering software developers access to tools for creating mobile and web applications that will help Veterans better manage […]
- D.C. VA Medical Center Demonstrates Significant Improvement: VA Makes System-Wide Enhancements to Prevent Future Issues March 7, 2018WASHINGTON - Today, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs (VA) outlined a series of major improvements undertaken at the Washington, D.C., VA Medical Center (DCVAMC) in the 11 months since the VA's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) released an interim report critical of the medical center.
- UPDATE - DC VA Medical Center Demonstrates Significant Improvement March 7, 2018Today, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs (VA) outlined a series of major improvements undertaken at the DC VA Medical Center (DCVAMC) in the 11 months since the VA's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) released an interim report critical of the Medical Center.
- VA Launches Telehealth Program for Rural Vets with PTSD March 6, 2018WASHINGTON - With a focus on improving access to mental health care for Veterans living in rural areas, today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it has launched a pilot telehealth program that will give rural Veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) remote access to psychotherapy and related services.