Latest V2B Must News
Advertise Your Business HereAdvertise hereAdvertise here
- VA staffing new White House VA Hotline Principally with Veterans August 11, 2017Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs announced that the two-month pilot phase of the new White House VA Hotline that began in June has demonstrated that Veterans calling the hotline respond best when their calls are answered by fellow Veterans and others with first-hand experience on their issues.
- MSPB forces VA to take back fired official, VA exploring all options under new accountability authorities August 9, 2017On August 2, the Vice Chairman of the federal Merit Systems Protection Board ordered a stay of VA's removal of the former director of the Washington, D.C. VA Medical Center. MSPB's stay order requires VA to return Brian Hawkins, fired on July 28, to work pending the Office of Special Counsel's review of Hawkins' claim […]
- VA Secretary Shulkin to keynote health-care and technology Demo Day at Georgetown University August 7, 2017VA Secretary Dr. David J. Shulkin will be the featured speaker at VA's annual health-care and technology Innovation Demo Day, to be held Aug. 8 at Georgetown University's Lohrfink Auditorium.
- VA Extends Funding to Groups Impacted By Grant and Per Diem Program Changes August 4, 2017VA Secretary David J. Shulkin announced an extension of funding to organizations that applied for Fiscal Year 2018 grants under VA's Homeless Providers' Grant and Per Diem Program, but would be found ineligible due to new program guidelines.
- Statement by VA Secretary David J. Shulkin - Passage of the Forever GI Bill August 2, 2017Congress has spoken with a strong voice in support of our Veterans this afternoon. The Forever GI Bill expands the success our Veterans have had with the GI Bill providing opportunities that otherwise would not be possible
- Statement by VA Secretary David J. Shulkin - Congressional Approval of VA Choice Funding Legislation August 2, 2017Congress took an important step last night in helping the VA to continue to build an integrated system that allows Veterans to receive the best healthcare possible, whether from VA or the private sector. The $2.1B in Choice funding ensures there will be no disruptions to quality care for our Veterans.
- VA Answers Governor Christie's Call on Opioid, Launches S.T.O.P. P.A.I.N Advices and Guidelines August 1, 2017When it comes to treating pain and substance abuse, the Department of Veterans Affairs is recognized by many as a leader in the pain management field and the responsible use of opioids across the VA healthcare system.
- VA Caregiver Support Program Resumes Full Operations July 28, 2017
- Veterans Affairs Secretary David J. Shulkin Statement on House Passage of S. 114, the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act July 28, 2017
- Statement From Secretary Shulkin on Agreement Reached on Funding to Increase Veterans Access to Health Care and Strengthen VA Workforce July 26, 2017WASHINGTON - On behalf of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the nation's Veterans, I want to commend the leadership of the House and Senate Veterans' Affairs Committees on their agreement on legislation that will greatly benefit Veterans.