Latest V2B Must News
Advertise Your Business HereAdvertise hereAdvertise here
- VA researchers work to create 3D-printed artificial lung that may revolutionize treatment of Veterans with lung disease September 24, 2018WASHINGTON - U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) scientists at the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System in Michigan recently announced that they are working to create a 3D-printed artificial lung that could potentially revolutionize treatment of Veterans affected by lung disease.
- VA national cemeteries welcome nonprofit volunteers providing tree-and landscape-care services September 18, 2018WASHINGTON - Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs announced that its National Cemetery Administration is partnering with more than 2,000 green-industry professionals across the country Sept. 19 to host 'Saluting Branches: Arborists United for Veteran Remembrance,' an opportunity for tree-care professionals to help maintain and beautify VA cemeteries.
- VA SAIL report scorecard shows majority of VA medical centers have improved over past year in quality of services provided to Veterans September 18, 2018WASHINGTON - Using a web-based report scorecard that measures, evaluates and benchmarks quality and efficiency at its medical centers, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently released data that showed significant improvements at the majority of its health care facilities.
- VA achieves historic goal by delivering 81,000 appeals decisions to Veterans in fiscal 2018 September 18, 2018WASHINGTON - On Sept. 14, two weeks ahead of schedule, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) exceeded its goal to deliver 81,000 appeals decisions of disability benefits and services to Veterans in fiscal year 2018 - 28,000 more decisions than the previous year.
- President signs bill into law requiring VA to hire 50 outreach specialists to support Veterans involved in justice system September 17, 2018The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced that it is ready to hire an additional 50 Veterans Justice Outreach (VJO) specialists following President Trump's signing today of the Veterans Treatment Court Improvement Act of 2018, a new law shoring up support services to Veterans impacted by the justice system.
- Veterans gather in San Diego for VA's 11th annual Summer Sports Clinic September 17, 2018WASHINGTON - About 120 Veterans from across the country were expected to participate in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) 11th National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic in Southern California, which began Sept. 16.
- VA implements new fiduciary regulations September 12, 2018The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently updated regulations related to how it governs the oversight of beneficiaries, who, because of injury, disease, or age, are unable to manage their VA benefits, and the appointment and oversight of fiduciaries for these vulnerable beneficiaries.
- VA marks Suicide Prevention Month in September with ‘Be There' campaign: Initiative urges communities to support at-risk Veterans through simple actions September 10, 2018WASHINGTON - To mark Suicide Prevention Month this September, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is shining a light on effective ways to prevent Veteran suicide with its Be There campaign.
- VA to fund first national center of excellence for Veteran and caregiver research September 7, 2018WASHINGTON - Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it will fund a new center of excellence to expand the department's capacity to deliver innovative, data-driven and integrated approaches to improve services for Veterans and their caregivers.
- VA releases data on vacancies as required under MISSION Act August 31, 2018Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) released its figures on employment vacancies as of June 30, as mandated each quarter under the recently passed MISSION Act.