Latest V2B Must News
Advertise Your Business HereAdvertise hereAdvertise here
- VA Removing Employee Arrested for Aggravated Assault with Deadly Weapon September 21, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced that it is taking immediate steps to propose the termination of a Memphis VA Medical Center employee arrested over the weekend for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and criminal impersonation of a police officer.
- VA Removes Former D.C. Medical Center Director: New Accountability Measures Used September 20, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced that it has fired former Washington, D.C., VA Medical Center Director Brian Hawkins for his failure to provide effective leadership to the D.C. Medical Center.
- VA Releases Veteran Suicide Statistics by State September 15, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) released findings from its analysis of Veteran suicide data for 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia.
- Veterans with Disabilities Gear Up for Adventure at San Diego Summer Sports Clinic: National Adaptive Sports Event Marks 10th Year September 15, 2017WASHINGTON - Veterans from across the country are set to participate in the 10th National Veterans Summer Sports Clinic from Sept. 17-22 in San Diego, California.
- VA to make beds available where possible to non-Veteran nursing home residents affected by Hurricane Irma September 14, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs Dr. David J. Shulkin announced that VA is making beds available where possible to non-Veteran nursing home residents affected by Hurricane Irma.
- Veterans Crisis Line to Open Third Call Center in Topeka, Kansas September 13, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it is opening a Veterans Crisis Line (VCL) call center in Topeka, Kansas, the third such center nationwide, and expects to hire 100 employees to staff the center, located on the campus of VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System.
- VA Awards Grants to Help Homeless and At-risk Veterans and Families September 13, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced it has awarded $343 million in grants to 288 nonprofit organizations to help low-income Veterans and their families.
- VA Awards $188 Million in Grant Funding to Help Homeless Veterans September 11, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced $188 million in grants for two programs benefiting homeless Veterans.
- Veterans TEE Up in Iowa City: National Event Celebrates 24th Year of Golf Therapy, Rehabilitation September 8, 2017WASHINGTON - More than 260 Veterans with visual impairments, amputations and other physical or mental challenges will demonstrate their resilience as they participate in the 2017 National Disabled Veterans Training, Exposure and Experience (TEE) Golf Tournament, which will take place Sept. 11-15 near Iowa City, Iowa.
- VA Unveils Claims Submission Option That Promises to Complete Claims within 30 Days September 7, 2017WASHINGTON - Today, as part of the Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) continued efforts to improve timeliness of services for Veterans and their families, VA unveiled the Decision Ready Claims (DRC) initiative, a disability claims submission option with accredited Veterans Service Organizations (VSO) that promises to deliver faster claims decisions to Veterans and their families.