Latest V2B Must News
Advertise Your Business HereAdvertise hereAdvertise here
- VA implementing presidential executive order governing union activities during official work hours July 20, 2018WASHINGTON - Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs announced it has begun implementing a recent presidential executive order (EO), which offered new guidelines for how union officials use work hours when representing federal employees.
- VA and IBM Watson Health Extend Partnership to Support Veterans With Cancer July 19, 2018WASHINGTON - Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and IBM Watson Health announced the extension of a public-private partnership to apply artificial intelligence (AI) to help interpret cancer data in the treatment of Veteran patients.
- VEText system transforming VA's medical scheduling process July 17, 2018WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently launched VEText, a text messaging appointment-reminder system, which to date has helped VA reduce no-show medical visits by more than 100,000.
- VA Establishes Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization to Support Transition From Legacy Patient Data System July 12, 2018WASHINGTON - Focused on ensuring a successful transition from a legacy patient data system, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced the recent establishment of the Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization (OEHRM).
- VA's Board of Veterans' Appeals Using Innovative Tools to Make a Record Number of Decisions July 12, 2018WASHINGTON - Strengthened by innovative tools, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently issued a record number of decisions for Veterans appealing their disability benefits claims.
- VA Partnership with National Cancer Institute Will Boost Veteran Access to Clinical Trials July 10, 2018WASHINGTON - Today the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced that it has formed a partnership with the National Cancer Institute (NCI) which will provide more access to the latest treatment options for VA patients with cancer.
- Aimed at Suicide Prevention, VA Shares Winners of Its ‘Gun Safety Matters Challenge' July 9, 2018WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) recently selected three winners in its Gun Safety Matters Challenge, an open-innovation contest to develop cost-effective solutions for firearm storage, which Veterans and their families or friends could use to prevent suicide, injury or accidents.
- VA's new ‘ChooseVA' campaign highlights Veteran benefits and services, aims to attract and retain employees July 6, 2018WASHINGTON - Emphasizing a multitude of benefits and services to its 9 million Veteran customers, as well as promoting the organization as a great place to work, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) kicked off its new 'ChooseVA' marketing campaign July 5.
- VA Releases State-level Veteran Suicide Data, National Strategy for Preventing Veteran Suicide July 2, 2018WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) released state-level Veteran suicide data today as a follow-up to its 2015 National Suicide Data Report, which was released on June 18
- Award-winning VA video series, The American Veteran, receives 2017 regional Emmy Award July 2, 2018WASHINGTON - A video story produced by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - focusing on a Navy Veteran and comedian who recovered from a possible career-ending stroke in 2016 with the help of VA doctors and therapists - received an Emmy Award at a ceremony June 23 in Bethesda, Maryland.